March 7, 2014

Mother's day Card using Cricut Cartridge "Cindy Loo"



If you are looking for New Beginnings Celebration Challenge go HERE... this challenge is happening throughout the whole month of March, we are very excited with the image requests so far and can't wait to see you all link up! Don't forget to leave a comment if you want to win one of our fab prizes!!!



Hello and thank you for visiting today!!!


 I want to show you a card I made for Mother's Day! It may seem far off  but not if you are a busy crafter eh? This card has a lot of dimension so I plan to sell it locally.

I used Cindy Loo Cricut Cartridge for every layer except the heart doily.. The images used are "Doily"on page 68, I used the Shadow for the bottom 2 layers, size 5" and  4 3/4", then used the "Doily" for the intricate cut @ size 4 1/2"

On the inside I tore the edges  on both corners opposite from each other and tucked cheese cloth underneath , then rolled the paper back using my fingers.

The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts , I love these colors together!... and the hat pin is from Christina over @ Flowers Ribbons and Pearls.  I also tucked in a few spellbinder leaves and curled the stems of the flowers.



I used a bow and feathers to finish it off which gives this card the soft look which makes it perfect for Mother's Day.


Speaking of Doily's,  last week I went to a restaurant in my home town and started talking crafts with the waitress, I happened to mention the doily's used under the Gravy dish , they were so small and pretty.. I braved it and asked is there any way I could get some when the next order goes in, then I said unless of course the manager wouldn't agree...little did I know she was the manager and she was more than happy to oblige me! I got a call this evening and it took me a whole 2 min's to get there. I paid 14.50 for them and have enough to last me a life time!  So be brave.


Have a AWWWE - SOME Day!!!


10 comments:

Migdalia said...

I just saw this BEAUTY on FB!!!
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!Love the gorgeous doily and the vibrant Red!!!The Pin is just a lovely addition to this BEAUTY!!
Awesome deal!
Sending my love to you, Michael, & Troy
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love dimension and this is amazing!! The flowers and feathers are beautiful!! Love this my friend!! And score with the doilies!! They are awesome!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Melissa said...

Gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee your card! LOVING the feathers and the flowers!! And what a STEAL on those doilies!!!!!!!!!

Karen said...

My dear friend, this is GORGEOUS! This card would be stunning for any occasion, but it's especially so since it's for Mother's Day! :o) I love the beautiful flowers and flowing ribbon... and of course the exquisite doily! I love that it's heart shaped. :o) The hat pin is so beautiful, too. Gorgeous layers throughout this masterpiece, Naomi! It will be treasured always and forever... just like a mother's love. :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Scrapcat 1 said...

wow thats is a lot f doilies, I love the card so many details but beautifully done

Karon said...

Beautiful card - love all the layers and flowers. And score on the doily's wow!!! TFS

D- said...

I love your gorgeous card!
Great find on those doilies.
It pays to ask sometimes.
Thanks for sharing.
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Nana said...

WOW Naomi this is a stunning card. Such elegance my friend.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Edwina said...

Wow! That was great! these are so pretty too. Edwina Brown

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...